by Reed Martin and Austin Tichenor
(Reduced Books; E-Book format only;
Only $3.99…in a couple of places, only $3.49…and only £2.59 for UK Kindles and £1.99 for UK iPads!!)
Ready to buy? Check these links:
- Buy it for your iPad!
- Buy it for your Kindle!
- Buy it for your UK Kindle!
- Buy it for your Nook!
- Buy it for your Kobo! (Seriously? Who has a Kobo?)
Still need convincing? Read on!
A born-again and an atheist walk into a bar… From Reed Martin and Austin Tichenor, authors of Reduced Shakespeare: The Complete Guide for the Attention-Impaired (abridged) and The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged) (Helen Hayes Award nominee for Best New Play), comes this totally different but similarly irreverent celebration of the greatest story ever sold!
A comic exploration of both the Old and New Testaments, How The Bible Changed Our Lives (Mostly For The Better) is a journey of discovery and transformation for two longtime friends who find their friendship tested, their beliefs challenged, their bodies slightly broken, and their souls (more or less) saved.
(WARNING: Contains sects and violence. May cause unease among the humor-impaired.)
Throughout this whimsical and outrageous examination of every book in the Bible, authors Martin and Tichenor also experience epiphanies both personal and religious as they examine the “really good parts” of the Bible, revealing the hidden treasures of scripture you may have missed while reading the parts you were forced to read.
- Creation, or the origin of the six-day work week
- The brighter side of Job and Lamentations
- Observing the Sabbath, and what that means for professional and college football
- The intersection of Holy Writ and entertainment: Hollywood and Divine
- The steamy adult sections of the Bible they don’t teach you about in Sunday school
- Yes, Jesus’s mother was a Virgin, but go back a few generations and it gets kinda complicated
- HWJV – How Would Jesus Vote?
- Newly discovered responses to Paul’s letters
- The Holy Trinity, and why Three is a magic number
How The Bible Changed Our Lives (Mostly For The Better) is an affectionate comic memoir, sure to delight the most devout as well as the most skeptical reader.
(Originally published in paperback as The Greatest Story Ever Sold: A Considered and Whimsical Illumination of the Really Good Parts of Holy Writ by Westminster/John Knox Press)