The Reduced Shakespeare Company understands and respects the importance of individual privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. The following document outlines our policy on collecting personal information from our website visitors at www.reducedshakespeare.com and how we utilize that data.
The Information We Collect
The Reduced Shakespeare Company will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or email address) through our websites unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. For example, you may be asked to provide personal information so that you can register for a contest, subscribe to our mailing list, receive information or fill out a survey. Your participation is voluntary and we will not require you to provide more information than is necessary to participate in any of our website’s activities.
Technical Information Recorded
When you visit our web site, our Hosting Provider will make a record of your visit and collect the following information for statistical purposes:
your server address
the domain name of your Internet Service Provider
the pages you visit on our site
the documents you download from our site
the type of browser you use
your operating system
The Reduced Shakespeare Company will make no attempt to identify you personally or track your individual browsing activities beyond our site.
This web site does not use persistent cookies, which are saved on your hard drive to track you individually as you browse through sites over time. It does use session cookies to collect the information listed above. The session cookies do not track you as an individual. As soon as you quit your browser, the session cookies are deleted. This web site does not use any other cookies.
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. We will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. Your e-mail address will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
You can subscribe to our website mailing list if you would like to receive information and updates on our activities, shows and merchandise. You will only be sent this type of information if you have filled out the on-line subscription form. Once you have subscribed, you may choose at any time to cancel your subscription and terminate correspondence from us by checking the “un-subscribe” box on the on-line registration form.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information you supply us to fulfill a merchandise request or to execute a contest. We may also use the personal information you supply us with in the following ways, unless stated otherwise: we may store and process information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services and or products and we may use that information to contact you. We do not now and do not intend to sell, rent or market personal data about you to third parties.
We do not provide any identifiable personal information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. Access by our employees and agents to your personal information is only on a need to know basis on the understanding that this is confidential business information.
Information you post voluntarily as part of a message board is not considered confidential. You will not be able to remove or edit your postings. All submissions become the property of The Reduced Shakespeare Company and may be considered for inclusion in The Reduced Reader or elsewhere on this website. Please remember that anytime you voluntarily post information on our message board, a third party may collect this information and use it for their own purposes.
When using our interactive services please abide by the general rules of “Netiquette”. Be polite. Have fun. If anyone offends or threatens you, sign off and report the incident immediately.
Ten Safety Tips for Children
The Reduced Shakespeare Company recommends the following rules for safe surfing.
1. I will not give out any personal information online without my parents’ permission. This includes my name, phone number, address, e-mail, location of my school, my parents’ work address/ telephone numbers and credit card numbers, and my picture. This goes for anywhere on the Internet, including e-mail, chat rooms, newsgroups – even Web sites that promise me free stuff or prizes, or on Web pages that I make myself.
2. When using the Internet, I will always use a pretend name or nickname that doesn’t reveal whether I’m a boy or a girl.
3. When creating a password, I will make one up that is hard to guess but easy for me to remember. To avoid having it stolen, I will never reveal it to anyone (except my parents) – not even my best friend.
4. I will not respond to any message that makes me uncomfortable. I will show an adult right away.
5. I will not arrange to meet a friend I have made on the Internet UNLESS one of my parents has been informed and will be present.
6. I will not send an insulting or rude message to anyone online. This is called “flaming” and it is not good Netiquette.
7. I will not disable any filtering software my parents have put on the computer.
8. I will not open e-mail, files, links, pictures or games from people that I don’t know or trust. I will always ask an adult first.
9. I will not take words, pictures or sounds from someone else’s Web site without their permission.
10. I will not believe everything I read on the Internet I will always check the source of the information and confirm it with my teacher, parent or librarian.
Other Sites and Links
At times visitors to www.reducedshakespeare.com can access other websites through a link. Our aim is to link to sites which meet our own standards of practice, however the Reduced Shakespeare Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of any other site.
Disclosure to Authorities: In certain situations, The Reduced Shakespeare Company may be required by law to disclose information to the authorities. We may also turn over information to law enforcement or government officials if it is determined that the disclosure of such information is necessary and appropriate… or if Homeland Security demands it of us.
Changes in Our Policy
Your Acceptance of These Terms