Click on a question below. If you don’t find an answer to your question, please scroll down to the comment form and ask us. We’ll reply asap!
- Will you please come perform in our town?
- The RSC go where we're booked. If you have a theater near you and want the Reduced Shakespeare Company to bring enlightenment to your neck of the woods, contact your local theater manager and request the RSC! If you would like a list of venues in your area, please contact us.
- Can I have a copy of the script before I purchase the rights?
- The official performance script is only available from Broadway Play Publishing, upon purchase of the rights.
- Do we use our own names during the performance?
- Yes, be yourself and use your own names.
- Does purchasing the rights include use of the RSC name?
- Sadly no - but, whats in a name? Purchasing the performance rights to any of our plays will allow you the right to perform the play, but does not give you usage of the Reduced Shakespeare Company name or logo.
- How do I license the performance rights for AMERICA (abridged), BIBLE(abridged), or BOOKS (abridged) in the English language somewhere other than North America?
- Josef Weinberger Plays holds the rights for performance outside North America. Please refer to our Contact Page for details.
- How do I obtain performance rights for shows performed in a foreign language (other than English)?
- Please contact Elizabeth Marton Agency to secure performance rights (see Contact Page). They will be able to provide you with a script, script updates and music. All questions regarding pricing and availability should be directed to them as well.
- How may I obtain the rights to perform one of your plays?
- If you would like information regarding rights to perform Reduced Shakespeare Company plays, please refer to our Contact Page for the appropriate contact in your country.
- Is the music available for us to rehearse?
- Sheet music is made available to you upon securing the rights to perform one of our plays. Rights and sheet music may be obtained from Broadway Play Publishing Inc. Please Contact Page for details.
- May I perform one of your plays in the privacy of my own home?
- Were so glad youve asked. No, like any poetry reading around your dinner table or recital for your family and friends, you do not need to get the rights. Should you, however, start charging admission at your front door, please call Broadway Play Publishing. We do suggest, however, you push back the furniture and remove all breakables! Good luck!
- May I put on a portion of one of your plays?
- Broadway Play Publishing does allow at times for portions of our plays to be performed. There are rules such as the size of your audience and ticket price. Students are sometimes allowed to do excerpts for debate competitions and things. Visit our Contact Page for contact details.
- May I show your video/DVD in a classroom setting?
- We have no problem with your showing one of our DVDs or videos in a classroom situation. Let the lesson begin! (However, we cant promise that your students will actually learn anything...)
- May we use the RSC name or RSC images to promote our own production?
- Very sorry, but no. Although our shows were written under the Reduced Shakespeare Company, for legal reasons the company name, and all registered trademarks and associated images may not be used to promote or advertise independent productions (please also make sure all due credit is given to the authors). However, we wish you great success with your show!
Booking the RSC:
- Do you do corporate gigs?
- Yes. For corporate or benefit/fundraiser bookings please contact our office. Reduced Shakespeare Company, 19445 Riverside Drive, Suite 132, Sonoma, CA 95476. Phone (707) 935-7600.
- How can I book your company to perform at my theatre?
- For information regarding booking the Reduced Shakespeare Company or to check available dates, please contact the main office. See Contact Page for details.
- I am having trouble listening to the podcasts, can you help?
- We can sure try! It will help us if you include the following information before contacting us: What system are you using? What version of that system are you using? Have you tried other ways of listening? Are you streaming or downloading? Is your computer turned on? (kidding)
- What microphone do you use to record your podcasts?
- We use the Belkin TuneTalk Stereo microphone ($69) with an iPod Classic (not sure which generation); I've also used it with one of the square iPod Nanos. (The advantage of using the latter is that you don't pick up the sound of the whirring hard drive because the Nano has a Flash drive; thus, no moving parts.) You record Voice Memos, then when you sync the iPod, iTunes asks if you want to import the new Voice Memos. Click Yes, and there you go.
Here's a link:
- Do you accept applications for technical staff?
- Sure do! Please mail us your resume and cover letter. See Contact Page.
- How can I apply for the Reduced Shakespeare Company?
- We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you would like to apply for the acting company, please mail us your headshot, resume and cover letter.
- Can I buy RSC merchandise if I live in Europe?
- Yes! DVD Playground now delivers to most of Europe. Visit www.dvdplayground.co.uk.
- What if I have a specific question about an item for sale?
- Please direct all merchandise inquiries to Matt Croke at DVD Playground. See www.dvdplayground.com.
- Are your shows appropriate for children?
- Our shows are very family friendly but we offer a PG-13 guideline - pretty good if youre 13! Children slightly younger than 13 will still have fun but the older they are, the more references they'll understand.
- Help! Something weird is happening on the website!
- Don't worry, it's just the internet pixies! Simply visit the Contact page to email the RSC Web Dude.